<

Isn't Life Terrible

Monday, October 15, 2007

Quiztrak # 1 - Interactive Music Quiz!

Got twenty minutes? Want to listen to some great... and not so great... music and play the most demented trivia game ever?

Have you come to the right place!

Quiztrak is a quiz of my own devising where you answer questions based on music you're hearing.

It's been under development here at Isn't Life Terrible for years. Well, since the weekend, anyway. It's not really a 'test' of anything... it's more an opportunity to have an interactive musical experience.

How to Play:

1. Click on this link - The Quiztrak Quiz - and the first screen of the quiz will open in a new tab or window. Read the introduction to the quiz. Don't click "Continue" yet.

2. Come back to this window and click on this link -The Quiztrak Soundtrack - and the soundtrack for Quiztrak will open in another new window or tab.

If you're ready to start, click play in the Quiztrak Soundtrack window or tab... then rush back to the Quiztrak Quiz window and click "Continue," so that the quiz and the music start as close to the same time as possible. The music will play, and you'll be on your first of 65 questions and the first of 8 songs. Take your time! The questions will usually end before the song does.

If you don't get both the quiz and its soundtrack to start up within a second or two of one another, close everything and give it another try.

If you like it; if you hate it; if it doesn't work; or if it does, please post a comment and let me know. Whatever you do, don't take it seriously.

And if you're curious about Danny or Ernie (two of my favorites), come back and click the links below.

Watch Danny perform an incredible solo.
Watch Ernie's "NT."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I passed. But I don't know what that means or suggests. I guess I don't want to know.

    Only my "Police Squad!" knowledge saved me. I recognized the theme from the first two notes of the intro. I don't know what that means or suggests, either.

    Again, I'm better off not knowing. Fun quiz--thanks!

    Lee, not sure why or how he passed

    By Blogger Lee Hartsfeld, At October 18, 2007 at 5:47 PM  

  • Just found your site today, and there went the day.

    After downloading all of the Nichols & May, and reading my way back into the past, I got here.

    Scored 73%, but I'm filing a protest with the commissioner's office. I clicked on "Bill" for Basie's first name, and got "Incorrect -- his name is Bill" or something like that. The answer key seems to think "Charles" is the right choice. Wrong. Which brings my score up to...?

    One other thing about Basie. The band is seen playing in the desert (not riding on a bus), while Cleavon Little rides past in his fly western regalia, en route to the little town of Rock Ridge.

    Great site, I'll be following the RSS feed from now on.

    By Blogger woid, At December 10, 2007 at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home