<

Isn't Life Terrible

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Spot The Celebrity

The ILT archives include a huge collection of winner's circle portraits - hundreds of them, actually.

The winner's circle tends to be a crowded place following a race, and if you multiply 100's of photos times the dozens of people depicted in each shot, you see how it's possible to overlook a photo with someone special in it.

I was idly looking at the one shown below a week or so ago when I was shocked to discover who one of the people in the picture was. It won't be as tough for you, since you've been tipped off, but if you can spot the celebrity before clicking on the photo to enlarge it... you're good!


Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Hi Don --

    It wasn't too difficult to spot my former boss Johnny Carson in that plaid checked blazer at the races!

    I actually worked with Dick Carson, his brother, at NBC-TV in the early 1960s. Dick was the director of the "Tonight" show for a while when it was being taped in NYC.

    I've had a long career in broadcasting (and outside sales) from 1957-2008. I was one of the first women to do a daily, call-in radio show in both Miami and Boston.

    You sound like an interesting guy and I've put your website on my blog list.

    Warm regards,

    Ellen Kimball
    Portland, Oregon

    By Blogger Ellen Kimball, At September 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

  • Well, I'm good. The jacket tipped me off.

    I may have discovered yet another useless talent....

    By Blogger Lee Hartsfeld, At September 11, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home