<

Isn't Life Terrible

Sunday, September 30, 2007

More Of "The Radio Show with Tom Snyder"

I've had requests for additional episodes of The Radio Show with Tom Snyder, and I'm happy to make four additional episodes (complete with commercials; we're talking nearly 12 hours here) available for download:

09-14-90 - With guests Irwin Schiff and Donald O'Connor. In case you're swayed by any of Mr. Schiff's "Don't Pay Your Taxes" philosophy, may I point out that Mr. Schiff is currently in prison and won't get out until 2016. (This one will play in Box.net's player) about 3 hrs.

10-01-91 - With guests Curt Gentry, author of a J. Edgar Hoover biography, and Elayne Boosler. (This one must be downloaded first; and it's joined in progress) 2hrs, 45min

10-09-91 - With guest Molly Ivins plus a discussion of the political correctness, or lack thereof, in Amos and Andy. (Will stream in Box.net's player) about 3 hrs.

10-10-91 - With guests Joe McGinniss (Cruel Doubt) and Dr. Demento. (Will stream) about 3 hrs. (Remind me to tell you about my dinner with Joe McGinniss in Saratoga, or I guess you could look it up in The American Spectrum Encyclopedia, which seems to have every fact known to man between its covers)

Great listening; The Radio Show is one of the greatest radio talk/call-in shows ever.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I loved Tom Snyder's radio show and in fact I was on there back on February 24, 1992 when he had Deidre Hall of "Days of Our Lives" fame as a guest and I was one of the lucky ones who talked to her! I sure miss Tom alot cause he was funny!

    By Blogger Tom, At December 1, 2007 at 2:47 AM  

  • I too was a fan. Over the many years, I have been wanting to find a recording of the theme song. I missed it as much as I did Tom. Do you have any idea who composed the music, is it used on any other ABC shows or where I could get a copy? That lone trumpet with that echo sound has haunted me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 2, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

  • Tom played the entire theme all the way through "in the clear" on one show. I know I have it on tape somewhere, stay tuned.

    By Blogger Don, At March 2, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home