<

Isn't Life Terrible

Friday, September 28, 2007

The Only Car With A Built-In Bilge Pump

These people are not desperately calling for help, but you wouldn't know that unless you remember the Amphicar. I was about 13 when they started importing these into the US, and I desperately wanted one.
I remember pleading with my father to get one. I told him the color didn't matter, I'd accept Beach White, Regatta Red, Lagoon Blue or Fjord Green. His verdict: it was a terrible car, it was a terrible boat, I was a terrible swimmer; there was nothing to discuss.
When I think of all the fun I've missed, I want one all over again. They could start building them tomorrow. All they'd have to do is change the tag line on their ad...
Amphicars.Com Amphicar.Com
35 MPH Water Entry by John Bevins with his sister screaming in the back seat (.MPG Movie)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home