<

Isn't Life Terrible

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sundays With Snyder - Number 15


It's a slimefest! It's a deathfest! It's about as low as the Tom Snyder Radio Show would ever go! And somebody... let's hope not Tom... thought the program was good enough for a rerun!

Gravelly-voiced John Austin (author of More Of Hollywood's Unsolved Mysteries) rattles off the deaths and the dirt at breakneck speed. Seems he knew everyone and has the low-down on every Hollywood scandal and murder ever.

While I was listening, I was thinking, "Boy, I've already heard all of these, and I probably know this stuff as well as this guy does, but I wouldn't talk about it in polite company, let alone on the radio." At that moment, a caller asked which Hollywood star had a restaurant and was mixed up with the mob. Austin is at a complete loss. No idea. I'm here thinking "That guy is asking about Thelma Todd, her Sidewalk Cafe, and her unfortunate connection to Pat Di Cicco, connected in turn to Lucky Luciano's mob. I guess I do know this stuff better than this guy does."

Later in the show, Tom brings up Thelma Todd... and Austin has the whole story. He's wrong, but he has the whole story.

P.S.: does Austin use a racial epithet just before one of the commercials?



or download.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home