<

Isn't Life Terrible

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tom Snyder interviews Jay Leno - 1990


According to Wikipedia, Tom Snyder now lives up in northern California, retired from show business. Justly famous for his television work, he was equally great fun on radio. I saved some of his radio shows on cassette, and I'm working my way through "TS and the comedians."

The hour with Jay Leno (33m) is especially entertaining - mostly stories from Jay's youth and his days as a struggling comedian. This show was recorded at the time when Jay was "permanent guest host" for The Tonight Show on Monday nights. I remember at the time - and this is sacrilege, I know - avidly looking forward to the Monday night shows, because Carson had been coasting and Jay Leno was actually funny.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • This is great! Could you please post some more TS radio interviews? The man can do no wrong, in my eyes....thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 29, 2007 at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home